Monday, October 03, 2005

It's Another Party!

Unlike the last party we attended (thrown by our friends, Larry and Linda! That's for you, Phil!) tonight's party was thrown by us! We were celebrating Mike's birthday a few days late!

In attendance were Mike and Mary Jane, and Jim and Dad made the trip in. We had a great time! At least I think we had a great time.

Ron and I slaved all day over a hot stove. Um, sort of. Ok, I picked up the phone and called for pizza and ribs from Pizza Pan. Hey, that counts! The store was really warm inside and I had to wait about five minutes for my order to be ready!

We all ate our fill. Dad had barbecue sauce from head to toe. You know it's good food when you're a mess after dinner. So, it was good food, good conversation. A great evening that filled me with that nice, warm fuzzie family feeling. You know, the kind you get when there is no blood shed, no shootings, no body parts missing! Ok, you know I'm kidding. I think the older we all get, the more we seem to cherish each other. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself, but I know that's how I feel.

So, from the bottom of my heart, thanks everyone for coming over tonight and spending the evening with us. Y'all did my heart good.

Happy birthday, Mike!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It does my heart good to see that our family is still getting along.
I have seen so many of the families out here in California that have no use for one another after they leave their home. I just want to say that they are missing something we have and know how to appreciate.