Sunday, October 30, 2005

Bad Me!

I can't believe it's been a week since I've posted! Talk about writer's block. Well, part writer's block, part moody. Just had a busy week along with a week of a serious case of "I don't wanna's".

So, I'll sit here and write down a few miscellaneous thoughts that are running around in my head.

We had a "fright night" last Sunday night. We watched one scary show after another. I did good Sunday night, no nightmares for me. Although showing up at my office at 7:00 a.m. on Monday was another story. I sat in my car awhile to work up the nerve to walk into a very dark, very empty building. I'll be glad when Halloween is over and I can go back to avoiding scary movies and books. Something about this time of year, I can't resist them.

I have roses on my dining room table. Some are the last blooms from our own rose bushes! Some are store bought. Either way, a gal can get used to having roses on her table!

Tuesday I had a date with brother Mike. Chinese take out and a selection from Blockbuster! We used to do that pretty often, although it's been awhile. I've missed them nights! Next time I'll call for the Chinese, you stop at Blockbuster!

Wednesday, my contact from my last audit came all the way up here for dinner. Ron made dinner and I made margaritas. This worked out much better! Mainly because Ron is a great cook. Other than that, all I had to do was worry about stumbling up the stairs to bed. She had to make that long drive home. Although, it seems like there was a lot less drinking this time!

Finally put the electric blanket on the bed. Still futzing with finding my right number. I like a four to get the bed warm before I crawl in, but once I'm in, a four will become too hot for me and I throw off the covers. Then Ron steals them all and eventually I get cold again and by then I'm all outta luck. Vicious cycle, I know.

I cooked tonight. Chicken - good. Carrots - good. Mashed potatoes - thrown out. Don't ask. How can anyone screw up mashed potatoes? Only me.

Can you see why I haven't blogged for a week? Not much exciting

One thing happened this week I seem to be blocking out. It's the time of the year to change insurance plans with my company. Our new plans go into effect on Tuesday, so the drop dead date that I have to have my paperwork in with my choice of coverage is Monday. One new plan that they came out with is the new HSA plan. (Health Savings Account) The only problem with this is, they don't have many answers as to how this plan works! I have tried to do my research on this on my own, only to be thwarted at every turn. grr I am so frustrated. They give us one day to make a decision, and they don't give us all of the facts so that we can make an informed decision.

Enough complaining. That's it for now, I need to go make a decision on my insurance! Then again, maybe I'll go play Pogo.

No comments: