Tuesday, July 17, 2012

How NOT to Photoshop

Some pictures are hard to tell if they are photoshopped.  This one was pretty damn easy to tell this has been doctored and doctored badly.


As you can see, this was an ad on a website.  The ad was for Sensa, a weight loss product.  Look at this "model".  Does anyone really WANT to look like this?  She is absolutely emaciated looking here.  There is no way her waist is that small and look at that neck.  If she doesn't look like an alien, I don't know who does.

I have so many thoughts running around in my head over this picture, I can't slow them down enough to pick one and write about it!  Let's start with the bad photoshopping job.  Really.  Does ANYONE think this is an actual picture?  This is HORRIBLE.

Ron had to tell me how to "clip" this photo from the website since it was an ad and I couldn't copy the picture from where it was.  I was afraid to just send a link because if you opened it, you might get a different ad.  So, Ron gave me an emergency lesson on how to grab that picture.  Thanks, honey!

From there, I followed the link to look at their website to see if bad photoshopping continued there.  Here is what I am assuming is the same "model" from the actual website.


Maybe it's the angle or just less photoshopping but she doesn't look AS emaciated here while I still don't believe they shaved some inches off of her.  This is just MY belief and MY opinion.  I am not an expert.  And, she has a normal sized neck in this shot, not one that will telescope up at will, like ET the Extra Terrestrial!  I also think it's comical that this photo is titled by the website "body hero model".  Not my hero but whatever.

Another thought I had is . . . aside from the bad photoshopping done on these pictures, if anyone is stupid enough to believe that taking a pill a day is all it takes to make you look like THIS, you're an idiot.  You don't get washboard abs from anything but diet and exercise.  As a matter of fact, you don't lose weight without diet and exercise.  Period.  It's really not a secret.  It's not easy, but it's not a secret.

Again, if you think a pill or two a day will make you lose 100 pounds and look like this, you deserve to be taken advantage of by these shysters.  If you think you will get abs like this from sitting on the couch watching Jerry Springer while eating a carton of donuts, then I also have a bridge over the Black River for sale, cheap.  Or, if your tastes run to the international side, I have another one in London that I am letting go to the right buyer.

1 comment:

Georgia said...

This model looks like an alien and I definitely wouldn't want to look like her. It's symptomatic for the insane beauty ideal of our society.
We are real women with female bodies, which have got hips and also not a too small butt. And we don't have muscles like a man. And we should be proud of our female bodies! This beauty ideal is totally insane and it causes a lot of "illnesses" like anorexia nervosa in young people. Lets fight against such insane beauty ideals! And of course: You never get a well trained and slim body by only taking pills.
I'm very trained and very strong (I think as strong as a man or maybe stronger than a lot of men, because of doing all this construction work, but I don't have such muscles. And I have got some extra pounds, which don't annoy me as long as they don't cause any problems. Well, I'm not young any more and this is how a body of a woman at the age of over 50 usually looks like. It's normal. I don't overdo with eating, but I never would try to starve all the day. I'm not Barbie, I'm just a normal 50 year old woman.
Thanks for this article, Ree! It's great! Us women must fight against such insane and inhuman (and also stupid) beauty ideals.