Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Irene Came For A Visit

Sunday evening, Ron and I went to Jackalope's for dinner. I couldn't believe the surf down there! It's not often that you see the shores of Lake Erie like this. It was really awesome!




I hate to be reveling in the pounding surf after all the damage that Irene has done, but we definitely seem to have received the best that Irene had to offer. She brought to Lorain cooler temperatures and a slight breeze.

Ok, Sunday night it was a stiff breeze, but the lower temps were nice.

I wanted to take a video so you could HEAR the surf. Let me tell you, that wind was a-blowin'. I had my arm braced against a pole trying to keep the video stable. I should have thought better of panning the camera so you could see all around since the wind was really blowing and I was having a hard time standing still in that wind.





So, here is what Irene gave to Lorain. After hearing the reports of her damage, we got real lucky.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Rraaarr! I love the lake when it's like that! Big! crashy! splashy! waves! :-D
Irene was definitely one of the "nicer" hurricanes to touch Ohio. Let's hope that's all we get to see of the 'canes this season.