Monday, August 22, 2011

I Didn't Mean To Hurt Him!

As you can tell, I'm a fan of blogs. I have my core blogs that I read all the time and on occasion, I like to surf the blog world. That's how I find new core blogs that I want to read. I really don't remember how I found Helene's blog as her world and my world are PLANETS apart. She's a married Mom of triplets plus a bonus baby! I am a single woman with two cats. For real!

But there is something about her writing that has had me hooked for a long time. I feel like I know her and her beautiful family. While our worlds are far apart, I find common ground with her. For example, I like that she can find the humor in the chaos that is her life. It gives me hope for mine.

I like that she loves to post pictures on her blog (hello??!!), I take note of some of her money saving ideas and, I get inspiration out of a lot of her GREAT recipes! She posted a recipe lately for stuffed peppers. While stuffed peppers isn't one of my favorite things, I've been wanting to try to make them and I thought her recipe sounded great because she used Thai sweet chili sauce. I am a HUGE fan of the Thai sweet chili sauce!

I know Phil does not like spicy stuff. But I didn't think the Thai sweet chili sauce would be TOO hot. ;-) I've snuck some things by Phil and I was hoping this would be one of them. (Sorry, brother.)

I'm not gonna kid you. This recipe took a little work. But O M G was it worth it! I did change her recipe up a little bit but I kept the sauce exactly as she had it. I think this is one of the BEST things I've ever made. Even Ron liked my cooking last night! Go me!

We were almost done with dinner though and Phil asked if I put any "extra spices" in the dinner. I had to come clean. I admitted to a couple of extra spices! Sorry, Phil but I loved it. He said his mouth was burning. Oops. I guess I hurt Phil more than I thought!

This morning I got a text from Phil that he was at the dentist's office with an abscessed tooth and he was waiting to get it pulled. Ugh, I feel your pain, brother.

I offered my condolences to Phil for his pain today. He got his tooth pulled and then came home with a bunch of meds, some of which were happy pills. Very happy pills! Phil may have been a rabble rouser in his youth, but in my adult hood, he's been mostly a straight arrow. Seeing Phil on pain meds, seeing Phil loopy, is hysterical! He's actually smiling!! I should take pictures of Phil loopy, but that would be just wrong somehow. I'll let the poor guy heal in peace. I'll just make him a blog topic sans pictures.

The old Catholic in me feels the Catholic guilt. I'm sorry if my cooking has put you in the dentist's chair and made you part with your tooth! At least my cooking didn't make you have your stomach pumped! See? Finding the humor in the chaos of my life! Thanks, Helene!

3 comments:

Cathie said...

Sis, your cooking had NOTHING to do with Phil's tooth!!! Sometimes you gotta let that guilt thing GO AWAY.

Anonymous said...

I did have a bad abscessed tooth but did not want to worry you. the dentist said it was so bad that he had to pull 2 adjacent teeth also, that was why i was so loopy.
Meds are helping and i do feel much better today

Big Bro Phil

Ruth said...

Well Ree, you really did something good for your brother Phil!!! He should have gone to the dentist long before he had to have the adjacent 2 teeth pulled. The infection of this abcess(?) could have a real bad affect on his heart as the health of your teeth have a close relationship with your heart. You at least got him to go and get things taken care of to make him healthier!! Hope he gets to feeling much better too!!