Friday, August 12, 2011

Mr. Krasienko, Tear Down This Wall

With apologies to the late President Reagan for the literary license I took on one of his famous quotes. I'm allowed though.


Thanks to Mayor Tony Krasienko, we went from this:


To this:


To this:


And we have some more before and after shots:






And thank you to my brother, Phil, for going out in the middle of this to get me some pictures!

I am really conflicted here. I am thrilled that this eye sore has come down. The job is not complete, but based on how far they came in two days, I'm sure this will be finished quickly. We basically have the hole in the ground from the basement left. That will be filled in and closed up.

This has really made me sad though. Sad that a solid house had to come to this end. Someone tried to back door this through a broken system. It is my belief (Hey Mayor Krasienko, this is NOT literary license. This is MY opinion and MY opinion only. I don't need a license for that.) that this did not go through the Neighborhood Stabilization Fund. It is MY opinion that someone wanted rid of this house for whatever reason and gave it up to Tri-C to burn. After all, who in THIS neighborhood would care.

Well to Mayor Krasienko and the members of City Council:

Thank you for taking my neighborhood and putting it through the fire. You took a house, set it on fire, then left it there until I started a fire under your asses to take care of your mess.

Thank you to my cohorts in crime, Lisa and Loraine, for picking up my fight and helping me to get this issue out there so that Mayor Tony Krasienko and the members of City Council couldn't forget about it and pretend nothing was wrong. Also, thank you to Lisa for providing my literary license and for the use of her research and pictures from her blog.

One voice matters. Had I not started to vent my frustrations on my blog due to the treatment and brush off I received from Mr. Howard Goldberg, the house would have been forgotten by everyone but those of us that have to live next to it.

So, from all of us to all of you on the 7th floor and where ever else City Council reigns, thank you. Thank you for cleaning up your mess. I may not be worth the time of my own Councilman Tim Howard, and Mayor Tony Krasienko may think I'm not worth speaking to in a professional or even civil manner, but like it or not, I AM a member of this community. And you WILL hear me, even if only on this blog.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You did a great job advocating for your neighborhood and community with this story, Ree! I'm glad that I was able to help you spread the word.
If this burn had been handled properly like the N Central burns, this could have been some good PR for the city and fire department. Maybe one day they'll get it right before it's too late.

Jim said...

AMEN

Ruth said...

Congratulation Ree! You have accomplished what you set out to get done, and you should be commended by the city and the neighborhood for improving the values of the properties from this de-valued site. The fathers of the city should be reminded by more than one concerned citizen that they have more work that needs to be completed to make your town a better place to look at. I think you should take your story to the local newspaper!! I'm sure they would be interested in a story like this, and it may even get the rest of those houses you showed us taken care of. If nothing else, it may start a "fire" under the residents in their neighborhood to get on the city to get it cleaned up there too!! GOOD JOB! I'M PROUD OF YOU!!!