Sunday, August 21, 2011

You Ain't Never Gonna Believe This!

Dogs. ME. With dogs. For the records, I still have 10 fingers and toes!

My friend Lisa and her husband Chuck have three adult dogs and they just added two puppies to their family. Lisa had asked me if I wanted to come meet her puppies and for some reason, I really DID want to meet her puppies!

Her adult dogs are Rottweilers. I wasn't so sure about meeting the adults, but the puppies were a mix of Labrador, Poodle and Golden Retriever. I thought puppies I could deal with.

Ron had to work this morning, so I met up with Lisa and Chuck for breakfast. I got really brave and decided to follow them home to meet the puppies! They would keep the adults in the house and would let the puppies out. I stayed safe in my car with the doors locked until I was sure that the adults were not in a position to eat me!

The puppies came out and bounded around the yard like they had springs in their feet! Something about puppies and kittens, you just gotta love them! They are so happy and so full of life! I looked at the puppies and while they were a lot bigger than I imagined, I felt with Lisa and Chuck there, I'd be ok inside of the fence with the two puppies.

I not only went inside of the fence, I got down on one knee and was playing with PUPPIES! In case anyone didn't know, puppies grow up to be DOGS! We all know how I feel about DOGS! Hey, I'm working my way in slowing. First I'll tackle puppies, then I'll work my way up and through her family one dog at a time.

Since this would be hard for most people to believe, of course, we have picture proof! Here is me and Gizmo with Chuck staying close for moral support.


Then it was Opie's turn for some Ree love! Please note that my finger is IN his mouth! And, he left it attached to ME!


Then me and Lisa both enjoying some puppy love!


Then it was time to reunite the entire family. Here is the whole gang! From left to right, we have Buster, Sadie, Opie, Leeloo and Gizmo.


Yes, I had to go to the other side of the fence for this part of the visit, but c'mon, this is HUGE for me! Leeloo really wanted to "meet" me. So she jumped up onto the fence and I met her half way. I even offered her my hand for a sniff and a lick and I must have been deemed ok since I still have my hand!


Please note here that I am NOT bending down to get Leeloo's picture. She IS that big!

It was a great day. Thank you to Lisa and to Chuck for introducing me to their family and helping me find the courage to play with the puppies. One day, I'll be inside of the fence with the rest of you!

2 comments:

Cathie said...

I am truly impressed!!! Congratulations Sister! I am very proud of you. I know how difficult that was for you.

Ruth said...

WOW.... I am so glad you have over come some of your fears with dogs, and we are not asking for miracles! Your love for your cats is starting to open up a new interest in you. We can go with you and do a little bit at a time, as long as you do it on your own!!
You go g/f!!