Sunday, August 07, 2011

Update On My Car

I took my car first thing on Saturday morning to get that catalytic converter looked at.

I grabbed a cup of coffee and my book and I was prepared to sit and wait all day to have my car fixed. I walked into Monro Muffler and Brake right after they opened at 7:30 am Saturday morning.

I talked to the guy there about what happened. His first question was "do you park in tall grass?" Um, no, I don't. I'm either in the garage or in a paved parking lot. No tall grass. He said that was what the cover to the catalytic converter was for. If I wasn't parking in tall grass, I didn't need to replace the entire converter! Bonus for me!

I asked about the heat coming up through the floor and under the seat. Did I need to be worried about that? He assured me that there was a heat shield under the floor so I was covered there, too. For real, no need to throw money into my car right now. I was good to go!

So, I grabbed my still full cup of coffee and my unopened book and I was home by 8:00 am!

Two honest people in one week? First a tow truck driver and then a mechanic? Who knew? I SO got lucky this week!!

I have a catalytic converter but I have no shield around it. Just to make sure, don't get too close to me. The heat coming off of me just might not all be from hot flashes!

No comments: