Saturday, April 02, 2011

PhotoPhun: Free For All

This week was a free for all. We could take any pictures we wanted to. Y'all are going to be REALLY surprised at some of my pictures!

Saturday, Ron and I went to his marina to check out his boat. Ok, his boat is up on jacks on dry land and it's shrink wrapped. But, some days a guy just has to caress that fiberglass and remember better days. After checking out his baby, we went to look at the empty dock. This picture, I call Sad Ron. On his right is where his boat is supposed to be. Don't worry, honey. One day soon!


Aside from the empty dock space, I found a couple of gorgeous birds enjoying the quiet, beautiful day. This Canadian Goose was just chillin'.


This guy took my breath away. I'm not 100% sure but I think this is an Egret. Whatever he was, he was huge and absolutely gorgeous!


Now for my surprise. Guess what we did! Ron and I added another member to our "family". Meet Penelope! Here she is, exploring her new home.


Trying to get excited over dinner! Which, by the way, is the same as breakfast. And lunch too, for that matter. Hmm. That part kinda sucks to be a cat.


Check out this little girl's tail! She looks like she is mixed with a raccoon!


So, there is our Penelope! Check back on Monday for the story of our new baby! I'm sure you'll be seeing more pictures of Penelope here and if I'm lucky, one day I can get Benny and Penelope in the same room at the same time with no blood shed! Yeah, watch for the story on Monday.

So, that was my free for all for this week! Make sure you check out Lisa and Mark, to see where their imaginations and their cameras took them this week!

4 comments:

Mark said...

Love the cat pics, and my sympathies to Ron. Warmer weather is coming.

Your egret, I believe, is a great heron. And that is a fantastic pic!

Looking forward to next challenge!!

Ruth said...

Yep, Mark is correct, that is a great blue heron!! Egrets are predominatly white with a yellow beak. You certainly did obtain a wonderful picture of him though!!!
Ron looks to be really sad, although, I couldn't tell since you got his better end!!! They will be taking the ice boom from the waters of lake Erie on Monday in Buffalo and the ice will be disappearing much faster from then on. His boat will be in the water within days after the ice is gone, I'm sure!! Ms. Penelope is certainly a beautiful species too!! Hope her and Benny make friends soon.... Love Ya Kid!!

Unknown said...

Ok, my turn to pick the challenge. Don't ask me why, but I'm going with NUMBERS!

Happy picture taking!!!

Lisa said...

Look at you and your incredible bird shots! Damn girl! The only ones who let me get that close are the geese and the gulls.
Welcome home Penelope! She's a pretty girl, for sure.