Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fifty One-derful!!

Someone asked Ron how old he was during his family birthday lunch on Saturday and that was his answer! Fifty one-derful! How can I argue with that? I can't!! He IS fifty one-derful!!

I messed up getting this posted on time, as Monday was his actual birthday. Sorry honey!!

As I said, family and friends got together on Saturday for a birthday celebration at Sokolowski's University Inn over in Tremont. Hey, when it's your birthday, you get to choose where you want to go and this is one of Ron's favorite places. I gotta tell you though, if you're planning on going over there, now is a good time and a bad time to do that. It's good because business has been slow due to construction in the area. It's bad because of the construction in the area! Holy crap, even with the Garmin, I'm glad I wasn't driving! It's a crazy area to begin with but with the construction and the rebuilding of the Innerbelt Bridge, it's a freakin' mess over there. But, the food is SO worth it!

We had Ron's brother Wes and his wife Bev


and every one's favorite cousin Tom and his wife Margie!


Thanks to all of you for making the drive all the way up here to come celebrate with us! It's never a party without y'all!!

Then, we had Phil who even wore his party shirt for the occasion! Too bad you can't really see the shirt in this picture. It's his ghost riders on Harley's shirt! Who knew the old guy had "cool" in him!!


We had Larry and Virginia


and Linda and Alexis.


Do you notice who we're missing? The birthday boy!!! I suck some days!!!

The way the table was, I was stuck in my seat. I'd have to get two people to get up to let me out, unless I wanted to crawl under the table! So, my young friend Alexis helped me with camera duty. I handed over my camera and she took the pictures for me that I asked for. I just forgot to ask for pictures of me and the birthday boy!

Sorry, honey!

We had a blast at dinner! You know how we feel about birthdays! We are trying to celebrate the whole month of April for him. It's all about the birthday!

Picture or no picture, happy birthday honey! Everyone needs to call, text, email or smoke signal him. It's not every year someone is FIFTY ONE-DERFUL!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday to Ron!