Sunday, February 06, 2011

PhotoPhun: Triangles

Kudos to Lisa for this week's challenge! This took some looking, some staging and some help from other people! I had a lot of fun this week with this one!

Make sure you check out Lisa and Mark's blogs to see how they fared with the challenge.

Yesterday, Ron and I ran to Amish country to meet up with his brother Wes, and most of Wes' family. This trip has been planned for weeks but kept getting pushed out due to weather or other obligations. We should have pushed it out another week since the ride home yesterday was absolutely horrendous in the storm. But, that's a story for another day.

Most of the day was a blast and I was able to find some triangles!

Being in Amish country, it's a shame to not go to Lehman's Hardware and look around. This was a sign outside of Lehman's.


And, if you know anything about Lehman's you know they cater a lot to the Amish. They have parking spots right next to the hitching posts for the horse drawn buggies. What did I see on the back of some buggies? Triangles! Trust me, we saw these caution signs a lot yesterday. You really need to drive carefully while you share the road with all of the buggies.


This was the door going into Lehman's. Loved the triangles!


One of the displays in the store. This one made me wish I still went camping. Those were the days!


Friday night we went out to dinner with Larry and Linda. We were talking about my triangle challenge, and I was afraid that I only had one day left and I hadn't found any triangles yet. Larry, being a good friend, helped me out!


And, the winning picture this week came from my sister Cathie in California! Not being in the freakin' snowy state of Ohio, she and her husband Dan spent yesterday out enjoying the California weather. This picture came from Point San Luis which looks like the place to be today. Thank you, Sissy!


It was a fun challenge. I can't wait to see what Mark comes up with for next week. Or, if anyone has an idea for a challenge week, we're up for suggestions!

3 comments:

Mark said...

Wow, you rocked this!! Bonus points for you!! You did much better than I did. Congrats!

Lisa said...

Ree hit the triangle lottery!
Way to go! Great pics!

Mark said...

Next week's challenge: How about some video? Shoot some video, whatever you want. If you've got software to play with it, go for it. Windows MovieMaker has some cool effects to use.