Friday, February 11, 2011

New Owies For Me And My Car

Yeah, it's been one of those days.

It started out ok this morning. The garbage men didn't pick up yet when I left for work this morning so I was able to take out that "one more bag" that always seems to pop up the minute the garbage men pull away. And, it had cat poop in it so bonus for me making the pick up today! After that, my day went to hell.

Anyone from snow country knows what days of bitter cold does to the snow. It turns it to ice. All of the snow mounds on the tree lines and especially at the end of driveways might as well be brick walls because right now they are pretty much solid ice. Someone should have reminded me of that this morning.

I was backing out of the driveway and I obviously cut the wheel too soon because my front driver's side bumper hit the snow bank. Yes, there was a horrendous sound but for real, I thought how bad could it be? It's a plastic bumper for crying out loud.

On I drove to work. As I was getting out of my car, I saw that my front bumper was pulled away from my car. Still in denial, I thought no problem, we can just click that back into place. As I was walking to the front of my car, my feet went out from under me on the ice and SPLAT I went. I thought I mainly landed on my left knee before the rest of me hit the ice but right now I hurt from my knee to my neck. I'm guessing I just jarred the rest of me when I went down.

As for my bumper, well I ripped it good. So much for that plastic bumper.



There ya go, me and my car got another owie. I know it could have been worse like the last time we both got an owie on the same day but geez, this did not make me happy today. I'm sure I'll be sore for a few days, but at least nothing is broken. Now it's just the headaches of dealing with getting the car into the body shop and the thoughts of having to pay for it as well. Ugh.

This is one of those times I really wish I had a staff. You know, someone I could delegate to do all of those nasty things I don't want to do. Like get my car fixed.

And clean the house.

And do the dishes.

And rub my back.

And peel me a grape.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Between you and Benny and the mutual owies this week, I think your brother needs to let you work from home for a little while. Get that knee checked - it could be worse than you think.

Mark said...

Just heard from one of the guys at work that he hit a deer the other day, on his way home from the night shift. Fourteen hours later, his wife hit a deer, in the same car.

I asked him if he bought a lottery ticket that day.

Unknown said...

Lisa, I'll run that by Mike and see how it goes! ;-)

Mark, Ouch! I need to quit complaining and I hope they DID buy a lottery ticket! Geez!