Sunday, February 20, 2011

PhotoPhun: Doors

Well, peaking at Mark's blog this morning, I see we had some of the same ideas! It was actually Reid Street that gave me the inspiration for the blog theme this week! GMTA, Mark! Make sure to check out Lisa today too!

Lorain may not be the vibrant city that it used to be, but if you look, there is such beauty in this city. If you can brave the potholes you can find some treasures here!

I was so excited to get out yesterday taking these pictures, I also didn't write down the names of the Churches that these beautiful doors belong to. If you're in the area though, drive just through just west of downtown. Architecturally, these old buildings are gorgeous.

Starting with one of my favorite doors, the public library! Sorry, I have to toot the library's horn whenever I can. Anyone who knows me knows I am a huge fan of local libraries and this one is one of the best! MY library!


Then, our drive up and down Reid Street and the surrounding area.




My favorite part of this door is the details above the door.


Unfortunately, this is also the reality of Lorain, the reality of my neighborhood.


Speaking of my neighborhood, this is MY front door!


Now for my guest submitter this week, my brother Jim in Erie!! Jim was able to get out and get a couple of great photos for us.

The first one is the life guard headquarters I believe in Erie. If I'm wrong, Jim, please correct me!


And, my favorite! This is a picture of his bathroom door and the sign that has hung on the door for as long as I can remember. Nice, brother! And, thanks for playing!


That was fun! If anyone out there has an idea for our PhotoPhun challenges, please throw them out there. Even if you don't want to submit a picture, we are taking ideas as well.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Brother Jim FTW! :-D
The perfect door picture and keeping in line with your family's love for all things potty. LOL!
This was a great challenge, Ree! I always enjoy seeing what the new kid in town sees that us lifers tend to overlook.

Mark said...

Ok, for starters, you guys are killin' me with the text-speak. GMTA? FTW? What are you talkin' about? Am I now over-the-hill and out of touch?

Ya big copycat!! Seriously, great shots. Your front door is awesome! And I'm a big fan of Lorain's library and the new remodel. I think the sound of the front doors opening and closing would drive me bonkers if I had to listen to it all day.

Unknown said...

FTW = For The Win

GMTA = Great Minds Think Alike

:) Sorry, Mark!

Lisa said...

WHAT??? Me? Oh no. You guys. . .

I've been wracking my brain all night (yup, it's 3AM in AZ). All I could come up with is
(drum roll, please) . . . "It's not easy being green".

If nothing else, I've guaranteed this is my 1st and only designation as challenge-picker!

from me: my word verification is "sespen"...hmm...could describe some of our neighborhoods :-/

Lisa said...

oops, forgot to note that the previous comment was mostly from Karren's email in response to being informed that it's her turn to pick this week