Sunday, February 27, 2011

PhotoPhun: It's Not Easy Being Green

We have a new player! Karren, Lisa's friend, has submitted this week's challenge! C'mon people! Feel free to throw ideas out there for us! All help would be appreciated!

This is a challenge that made me think. This could, after all, be interpreted in a few different ways.

The first thing that came to mind when I heard the name of the challenge is the environment. I don't know how much I'm erasing my carbon foot print, but I do believe in doing my part where ever I can. One of the things I am rabid about is recycling. I have gotten the guys at work on board (albeit kicking and screaming!) to recycle what we can. We have a bin for cans, a bag for plastic and I am in charge of white paper recycling. I have a box for stuff that can just be thrown out, a box for magazines and a bin for everything that's shredded.




Home is no different where I am the recycling nazi! A bin for cans, a bin for everything else. Don't let me catch a recyclable item in the garbage can!


Then, my brother Jim had a great idea for It's Not Easy Being Green. That IS the catch phrase for Kermit the Frog! I was on a quest to find a Kermit the Frog just to get a picture for this challenge. Would you believe that he is hard to find? I found some stuff at WalMart (that will be a blog post this week!) but no Kermit.

The closest I could find is Rex from Toy Story. Ron tells me he's popular too, but I have no idea who he is! But, from the look on his face, it doesn't look like it's easy for him to be green, either.


Last is a submission from my brother, Jim. He was out and about after the storm and saw the pine trees peaking through the snow. We need more green in our world right now. I'm DONE with the snow!


Thanks for playing, Jim! Maybe YOU can come up with a challenge for us this week! If not, I believe Lisa is going to have to put her thinking cap on!

Remember to check out Lisa and Mark's blogs to see their take on being green!

3 comments:

Mark said...

WTG! You ROCK with the recycling program. And way to pick up on that, the environmental angle never even occurred to me.

You've NEVER seen Toy Story??? You've gotta get that! I bet you'll love it.

Lisa said...

Uh oh, he's picking up on the txt spk. LOL :-)

It's not easy being your kind of green, either, but you're doing a great job.

Agree w/ Mark about Toy Story, too!

Lisa said...

Next week's challenge: natural framing