Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What Flavor Blizzard Would You Like?

Can you believe the weather? I mean honestly. We were having such a mild winter that Mother Nature sure did decide to make up for it.

We were working away today at the audit site when it was suggested that we vacate the building. They let everyone go early as the roads were just getting worse and worse. I sure didn't want to be the last ones left in the building, so we packed it up for the night.

My colleague that I'm working this audit with is from our Dallas branch. Poor girl doesn't know what to do with herself with this weather. She gladly handed over the keys to the rental car this week as she's never driven in snow. You know the crunch sound the tires on the snow make when it's really cold out? That sound has put her into a panic the first time she heard it. In a way, it's kind of fun to be experiencing this blizzard with her, as all of this is so new to her. Almost makes me wanna go out and have a snowball fight! Then again, I throw like a girl (right, Ron??!!) so I'm not getting in any snowball fights!

We just ate at the restaurant here at the hotel when we got back, so we didn't have to go out in the snow any more than we had to. We are still expecting more snow tonight, so it is up in the air as to whether or not we'll be able to make it in tomorrow. Just in case, we packed up enough work to last us the day if we had to spend the day at the hotel.

Now, that sounded good in theory when we left, but once I got here to the hotel, I got in a good work mode after dinner. Believe it or not, it's midnight Chicago time, and I just quit working about 10 or 15 minutes ago. Sucks to be a salaried employee.

Unfortunately, even if we don't make it in tomorrow, I have more than enough here to keep me busy at least eight hours tomorrow. Yes, it's rare I get bored on this job.

Almost 1,000 flights were cancelled out of Chicago today. That has me kinda worried. Everyone keep good thoughts that I don't spend the night in an airport on Friday night. I wish I was back in Kansas so I could just click my heels three times and wisk myself home.

No comments: