Saturday, February 24, 2007

Strange Happenings

I've told stories before about some strange things that have happened at our house. Things have been moved, things have gone bump in the night.

Now something has happened that has happened before that falls under that "strange" category.

With me traveling, my car pretty much stays in the garage. Ron may take it out to get the plow out of the garage but that's it. To make sure the car gets driven, Ron will generally drive it to the airport on Fridays to pick me up.

Last weekend, we had all that snow. It was a weekend of bitter cold. My car was in the driveway only long enough for Ron to plow the snow, then it was moved into the garage. It was driven for a total of 30 seconds, from the driveway into the garage.

When Ron got into the car on Friday to drive to the airport to pick me up, all of the windows in my car were open. And, the window lock was turned on, something I didn't even know the car had. Hey, we don't have little ones around, why would I need to know how to lock the windows? It took him a few minutes to figure that out, since it was an unused feature.

My car has electric windows. There would be absolutely no reason for Ron in freezing weather no less - to open all of the windows in the car. Perhaps he hit the button accidently? Well, the driver's window will roll all the way down with one push of the button. However, the other three windows will only roll down for as long as you hold the button down. As for the window lock, I couldn't even tell you where THAT button is.

This did happen once before. I walked into the garage in the morning to go to work, and all of the windows in my car were open. They were all rolled down to different levels, but all were open. We just chalked it up to the fact that one of us opened the windows and just didn't remember doing it.

So, now what happened? Is there an electrical glitch in a three year old car?

The spirits in my house have started to get a little more active lately. And, they have taken over the garage as well. Should I be worried? Should I be scared? I mean after all, I'm afraid of everything else in the world.

For some reason, this doesn't scare me. To me, this means the spirits of my house are leaving me a message. And, their message to me is that they miss me. You know what? I miss them too.

No comments: