Thursday, February 15, 2007

That's Just Wrong, Page 10

Some days the “That’s Just Wrong” items come flying at me. Today, I have three of them to talk about.

Let’s start with shoes. I bought new shoes over the weekend. I know, y’all are wondering just how shoes could ever end up in this category. Before this week, I would not have believed it myself.





I do love shoes. Unfortunately, with my big ugly feet, I can’t wear most of them. But I did buy two new pairs, both the same style and model show above just one in brown and one in black. I wore the black ones out of the house and that was the only pair of shoes I brought with me to Chicago. Bad news. I know, I should have thought to bring boots, but I’m not even getting into that discussion.

Let’s talk about my new black shoes. By the time I walked all the way through the Cleveland airport, and half way through the Chicago airport, my ankles were bloody messes. I have never purchased a pair of shoes that did this to me. The backs of the shoes just cut me all to heck. I don’t know if it’s my ankles or the damn shoes, but I have never had this kind of pain from SHOES!

Monday night we stopped at the grocery store to stock up on soda, and I had to hit the band aid aisle. The band aids on the back of my ankles helped, but by the end of the day with limited walking, I was back to a bloody mess. The shoes would just rub through the band aids.

The thought of having to walk through two airports again just about had me in tears. I couldn’t take it any more so my partner and I went out on a mission last night to find a shoe store. That will be another blog in itself! But I found a pair of shoes that has a softer back (I tried for a clog type shoe with no back, but there weren’t any in my size) that are a little easier on the backs of my ankles. I think I’m just so raw back there now that everything will hurt. I need time with no shoes on to let myself heal. For shoes to do this to me, That’s Just Wrong.

Now let’s talk peanut butter. HOW can peanut butter be making people sick? The CDC (Center for Disease Control) believes they have traced more than 100 cases of salmonella in 37 states back to peanut butter! Hello? Peanut butter? This is a comfort food; a staple. What week doesn’t go by that I don’t eat peanut butter? C’mon people! How many of us have lived on peanut butter at one point of our lives or another? This is like telling me there is no Santa Claus or Tooth Fairy! Peanut butter? I gave up smoking before, I will not give up peanut butter. That’s Just Wrong.

To close out this category, haven’t all of us at least one dream where you are in school or work or some public place and realize that you are either naked or in your underwear? If so, you will feel for the morning I had today.

I had a restless night last night and was up way before the alarm. So, I’m up, showered, ankles bandaged, reading the paper, watching the news. I was just taking my time until I met up with my partner at 7:30 in the lobby.

Last thing to do is my hair. It’s bad to have your blouse on when doing your hair because then it gets covered with hair and hairspray. So, here I am, my bottom half is dressed, but my top half is just in a bra. I finished my hair, sat back down to watch the weather on the news, and at 7:25 I got up to go.

I grabbed my jacket, put it on, and was zipping it up when I thought to myself that I couldn’t believe that the inside of my jacket was so cold! I was wondering why that was. Yes, you guessed it. I never did put my blouse on. Do you realize how close I came to going to work in just my bra? Now really – That’s Just Wrong!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ewww, thanks for that visual! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey, What is wrong with you, misspelling my name? Have you been watching too many Tim Allen movies?
Santa Claus is the name, clause is a legal term.

Anyhow, I am glad you survived the snow.

Unknown said...

Aargh! So sorry Santa Claus! Ron even told me I spelled it wrong and I forgot to go change it!

It has now been fixed. That's for being on the quality control team!