Saturday, June 24, 2006

That's Just Wrong, Pages 4 and 5

Yesterday was a bonus day. I was witness to not one but TWO valid entries into my future book titled "That's Just Wrong".

Page 4 - As I was driving back to the Kansas City Airport yesterday to come home, I passed a billboard. The billboard said: "Beef - it's what's for dinner". Where was this billboard? Next to a very large pasture....filled with cows. Think about it. That's just wrong!

Page 5 - I had time at the airport before my flight to grab lunch. Space in the airport is at a premium. They have a very small eating area next to this sandwich shop where they try to fit 20 people into a spot for six. There is no table for one, if you want to sit, you find an empty chair and sit.

As soon as one person stands up, another is right there to sit in that spot. There is no time to clean the tables so there are a lot of crumbs on the table. Not such a big deal, they wipe off with a napkin.

I was sitting there, enjoying my overpriced sandwich when a lady decides to sit across from me. She looked at the table and said "This table is filthy" and decided that she didn't want to put her sandwich on a "filthy" table (the sandwiches are fully wrapped and then in a bag) so she placed her lunch on the chair while she wiped a cleaner spot on the table. Now think about this. She didn't want to put her sandwich on a table where there are a few crumbs, instead opting to put her sandwich on a chair that has been covered by various asses throughout the day. C'mon lady, that's just wrong.

No comments: