Sunday, June 25, 2006

Bad News/Good News/Weird News

The bad news is that our router went kaput.

Before you start thinking that I have advanced in my technical knowledge, the only reason I knew there was a problem was because I couldn't play Pogo when I got home Friday night. That did not make me happy. Poor Ron was on a mission to get my Pogo working.

Seems neither of our PCs could connect to the internet. Unplugging and rebooting everything would get us back online, but it would only last for about a minute. Then Ron took the router out of the equation and plugged the blue cord directly into a PC and everything worked fine. His diagnosis? Our router was dead.

My suggestion to run to K-mart at 11:00 p.m. was shot down with an alternate suggestion of buying a new router on Saturday. Well, it wasn't my vote but since I wouldn't know what to do with one if I held it in my hand, he won. Today, he did go buy us a router.

The good news is that since he had to buy a new router, Ron decided to upgrade us to wireless!! Ok, almost everyone I know is already on to this technology. But for me, this is just too much to hope for to be able to play Pogo downstairs! So, Ron hooked everything up and put the wireless card in his laptop and we were down in the diningroom surfing the net. Next step is to buy a wireless card for my laptop. Once that's done . . .

The weird news - a long time ago, my nephew Mike was boasting about sitting in the bathroom and still being able to surf the net. Well, that visual (heaven help me) has been stuck in my head ever since.

So Mike, beware. I'm taking one of the laptops into the bathroom and the next time I'm "getting busy", I'm sending you an e-mail giving you the play by play! One bad visual deserves another!

No comments: