Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Stuff

Life has been a whirlwind lately.

The roof has finally been completed! Last Friday part of the crew was onsite with the third order of material to finally finish the job. The good news is that it looks great. The bad news is that the dormers really stick out now showing that they need work. We need three new windows in the dormers and then the dormers need new siding to match the rest of the house. Ugh, it never ends. Hopefully by the time I post this, I will have pictures of the house with my new roof. If not, they will follow soon.

We have both been really busy with work. I know I pick on Ron for getting paid a lot of money to sit and play Pogo some days, but in truth, when he does work, he really works. Not the run of the mill service calls, but the getting called out at 2:30 a.m. to have to go to work, or the phone calls that go from noon to midnight as he’s trying to talk another customer engineer through the process of trying to fix a piece of equipment in a different state and even in a different time zone. That’s the hardest. Two o’clock in the afternoon for some people is dinner time for us. Oh well. Poor guy has had it tough lately. He sure has been making up for some of the easy days he's had.

As for me, I finished the audit that was close to my house that I was working on. Well, at least I finished the on site part of the job. The follow up never seems to end. This week I am helping out on another audit but this is short lived. Next week I am back on the road, probably for five to six weeks. The only good news I have to this part is Ron doesn’t have to take me to the airport at “oh-my-god-o’clock” for this trip. I leave at a much more reasonable time of 9:00 a.m. I can live with that. In case anyone is interested, I am heading to the party state of Kansas for this audit! Yep, no Hawaii or California or Arizona kind of states for me. I get Kansas. Woo Hoo!

If nothing else, I am hoping this Kansas trip kick starts some creative processes in me that will make for some interesting and exciting blogs. I know they can’t all be winners but bathroom humor and restaurant reviews will only take me so far. If I’m traveling, I have a feeling the next six weeks worth of blogs will be filled with stories of getting lost and of fighting with lost luggage or hotel personnel. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the real world of home owners. I was glad to hear your roof was finally finished. Lots of luck on traveling once again. Enjoy yourself in KANSAS, just watch out for tornados, and that sudden trip to OZ.