Monday, June 12, 2006

Happy Birthday, Jim!


I am a terrible sister. This should have been posted on the proper day of June 6, 2006, not June 12, 2006.

But, I am following the family tradition of being late for important things. So, I’m sorry, Jim. Just because I didn’t post it until now doesn’t mean I don’t still love you.

Personally speaking, I believe we had a good time on Jim’s birthday. He was kind enough to bring Dad to Mike’s house that evening for a little family get together. Mike did the honors on the grill, and really made a feast. We enjoyed steaks, barbeque chicken legs, corn on the cob, grilled onions and mushrooms and an awesome pot of baked beans. A true feast fit for a birthday celebration. Dad thought the chocolate birthday cake was the best. I tried to take credit for it, but I think everyone knows my lack of culinary skill so other than Dad, no one bought that idea.

It was really a great evening. We got to sit outside in Mike’s yard and enjoy the weather, the food and all of the visiting wildlife that comes to visit the various feeders. The best part was being able to spend it together. We couldn’t have asked for much more.

Happy Birthday, Jim!

No comments: