Tuesday, June 27, 2006

10 Second Rule

I've been on a roll this week!

Tonight for dinner, I chose Longhorn Steakhouse. Hey, I'm on an expense account. I believe my company needs to feed me well since they are making me be away from home.

So, picture this. I just started a new book, which is awesome by the way. Prior Bad Acts by Tami Hoag. But I digress. I have a good book, I have a raspberry margarita, which by the way is absolutely awesome, and I just ordered a steak. I am enjoying my ceasar salad, reading my book when the manager comes up to me. Here is the conversation that took place:

Manager: Hi, ma'am. I'm sorry to tell you, but we just dropped your steak on the floor.
Me: I don't want that one anymore.
Manager: Well . . . we didn't plan on serving it to you!
Me: Good! Because I really don't want that one.
Manager: I assure you, we'll cook you another steak. I'm just here to inform you that it will take another eight minutes for your dinner to come out.
Me: That's ok, as long as I don't have to eat the one off of the floor.
Manager: Would you like another raspberry margarita while you wait?
Me: Yes, please.

I didn't taste any sludge off of the floor, so I do think they made me a new one. At least that's the story I'm gonna stick with!

Did I mention that the raspberry margarita was really, really good?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, which one tasted better? The first one, or the comp'd one?

Anonymous said...

Hey, come spend some time with me at the HIGH DESERT some Wednesday. It just so happens that Wednesday is half price on a pitcher of margaritas, and we are such regulars that the bartender makes us ours at least double strength. So come on and join us some Wednesday. P.S. we are still looking for a designated driver to get us home after multiple pitchers...