Monday, July 19, 2010

Update?

I thought I'd do diet updates once a week just to keep me motivated. Boy, did I pick the wrong week for that!

First off, I couldn't come up with a theme for this week, so I'll just throw a thing or two out there that is going on with me.

First it's been a bad week, diet wise. I know not all weeks are going to be stellar, and that plateaus will be reached, but . . . . it's disappointing when the weight loss slows down.

I actually ended up gaining a pound and a half this week. THAT is frustrating! By week's end, I netted a loss of 4/10 of a pound. Not even a half of a pound! Close but no cigar! But, at least I lost that pound and a half I gained. I guess I should be happy about that.

I just have to keep motivated. I'm trying to tell myself that all weeks won't be winners. So, I figured that as long as I was moaning and groaning about not losing enough weight this week, I thought I needed one meal off of my diet. Guess what I made for dinner! ORANGE SPAGHETTI!!!!

I did make a large spinach salad to eat before my bowl of spaghetti. And, I ate all of it. Then I ate all of my orange spaghetti! I did stop myself before I dished out a second helping but I sure did enjoy my first helping! So, in my carb intake log book, here is what it says for dinner:

large spinach salad with tomatoes, cucumbers - 0 grams carbs
1/4 cup blueberries - 5 grams carbs
1 slice swiss cheese - 1 gram carbs
2 tbsp ranch dressing - 2 grams carbs
large bowl orange spaghetti - a lot

Meh. Some days you just gotta.

So that is my advice to you. If more days are successes than not, you're doing good. Once in awhile you have to throw the diet out of the window and enjoy a bowl of orange spaghetti.

I'll do better tomorrow.

No comments: