Saturday, July 24, 2010

Freebies!

I do love free stuff. Even if it's crap.

One of the perks of my job is that I get to order supplies. Who knew that suppliers were into bribing their customers with free stuff? For real!

I'm not talking about ordering big stuff, but office supplies and shipping supplies are a common order for me.

As soon as I log into a website, I get the notice that if I spend "X" amount of dollars, I get something free! Well, I have to spend a whole lot more to get some good free crap, but hey, free crap is free crap! I do love free.

First was Staples. One of the great things about Staples is if you order more than $50 in office supplies, they ship right to your door for free. That's an easy order to fill as it doesn't seem to take much to hit that $50 mark.

I don't remember what the metric was for getting a free gift, but I had a choice between two items. I chose the free blue tooth. Who knew when that would come in handy!


Before someone thinks I'm overstepping my bounds, I did give Mike first choice on the free bounty. It's his money, after all. When he rolled his eyes at the blue tooth, I took it!

On to Uline. This is where we buy some different shipping supplies, mostly boxes. I needed to order some other stuff and sure enough, another free gift! This time it was Hall & Oates, Live!


Being born in 1963, I have definitely went through my love of Hall & Oats music. As a matter of fact, I still enjoy a lot of it. On a side note though, I dare you to watch this video and not laugh hysterically! It's a great song, but what were they thinking making this video? Check out the hair and the shoes!! Wow!



But I digress.

Mike made his comments about the stupid CD but as I tried to explain to him, free was free! Of course, he declined his first dibs on the CD and I happily left work with the new CD in hand, ready to enjoy some classic music on my way home.

Mike came out to the parking lot to have a listen, since he claimed that he didn't know any of their music. I cranked up the stereo and still can't get the vision of Mike DANCING in the parking lot out of my head! Damn, eye bleach anyone?? (I love you, brother!)

And, while I won't admit it to him that CD really is a piece of crap. I listened through most of it on my way home. Maybe I'm just not a fan of live versions. Nah, sorry Hall & Oates. That was crap. Even if it was free.

No comments: