Sunday, July 18, 2010

If It Looks Like A Duck And Quacks Like A Duck . . .

We were having a lazy kind of day on Saturday. Well, most of it any way.

Ron did get called into work for a little bit on Saturday morning. If nothing else, we had planned on mowing the grass. So, while Ron was gone, I went out and did my part. I do what I call the "easy" part!

I grabbed the hand mower and went around and did all of the trim. Ron seems to think HIS part is the easy part. He rides the riding lawn mower all around. Ok, in truth, that thing scares me. I feel like I'm going to fall off when I'm doing the tree lawns and we have one small part in the back yard that slopes the slightest grade and I feel like I'm going to tip the riding mower over that part too. Yeah, I'll take the hand mower any day.

Anyway, I did the easy part and when Ron got home, he went on the riding mower and finished up. To be honest, there wasn't much grass to cut, but the weeds were getting out of hand! My nice looking lawn is all brown and dry! Boo! The weeds on the other hand were all tall, green and healthy. Go figure.

As Ron was walking up the driveway after mowing, he saw something in the driveway next to the porch. He brought it up to show me and in our uneducated opinions, this was not something good.


It was the corner of a baggie filled with little white rocks.

Granted, I know nothing about nothing but to us, this didn't look good. We went through our options. Throw it in the garbage. Flush it down the toilet. Smoke it. Turn it in.

In my youth, I might have actually thought about trying it! In the shape I'm in, for real, what could it hurt. But, I chickened out!

We were idiots and called the local authorities. They said they'd send a car to pick it up.

Ron and I went to wait on the front porch and sure enough, a car was here in like five minutes. The officer took the baggie and looked at it. He immediately said "it's too white to be crack cocaine, it's probably nothing". Well, I know nothing about nothing, but something wrapped up the way this was had to be something even if it wasn't crack cocaine.

Whatever. The guy said he'd take it and have it tested. I don't know what he did with it, but at least it was out of our house. Hopefully he didn't spend the rest of his shift sampling the baggie.

Damn, when did I get old and too afraid to be adventurous?

No comments: