Thursday, July 08, 2010

How Wet Is Too Wet?

For real, are there degrees of wetness where you're too wet?

Tonight as I got done on the treadmill, Ron had just come in from the front porch. This is one of his summer time smoking spots. He told me the storm was finally rolling in. Just as he said that, I saw the lightening in the sky out there. I do love a good storm, especially when I'm at home.

When I'm done on the treadmill, I usually like to sit under the ceiling fan that's on high until I cool down. With the storm blowing in, I thought it might be more comfortable finally outside instead of the 90+ degree heat we've been dealing with.

I kicked off my socks and shoes and to the front porch we went. Just as we went outside, the rain started. It was coming down like no one's business. With the wind blowing, we got a little bit of spray from the rain, but not much.

The temps did lower a little but not much. I was still too damn hot! Aside from the lightening, the rain looked just too inviting! What did I do? C'mon, you know what I did! One step at a time, I walked right off the porch and down onto the sidewalk. Ron sort of looked at me like was I nuts! Well, maybe I am, but just a little!

The rain actually felt fantastic! It was cool, refreshing, exhilarating, rejuvenating. I'm telling you, if it wasn't lightening, I would have ventured out farther than my own sidewalk.

The down side was after getting soaked to the bone, I walked into the house, into the air conditioning and I was chilled to the bone. Small price to pay for being carefree, out in the rain. It was nothing that a warm shower didn't fix.

My advice to you is, next time it's raining outside, especially if it's a down pour, venture out in it. You won't be sorry!

No comments: