Saturday, July 17, 2010

A New Roommate?

I think we have a new roommate!


Phil told us that he saw a black cat sleeping on our front porch all afternoon one day during the week. I've blogged before about all of the cats in the neighborhood. Am I wrong to be so excited and so thrilled that THIS cat wants to call THIS house home?

I saw her this morning in the back of the house on the parking pad, cleaning herself up and looking like she owned the place. Later in the morning, I was walking through the living room and I saw her walking around the porch looking for a good napping spot! As soon as she saw me, she took off like a shot.

I grabbed a bowl of cat food, put it on the front porch and tried not to watch for her. About an hour later, I saw her like this on the porch next to the empty food bowl! I ran upstairs for my camera and when I was coming down the stairs she was stretching. I was afraid of spooking her again and having her run off, so I just took the picture from the stairs. I know, not the best picture!

She is a cutie, that's for sure. And, even though she's not sharing in the rent, as far as I'm concerned, she's a welcome addition to our family.

And, this explains why my eyes start itching and bothering me when I'm sitting on the front porch!

No comments: