Tuesday, May 29, 2007

ZAP!

One of my famous sayings is “I don’t know nothing about nothing”. Trust me; what I don’t know could fill up a couple of libraries.

Sunday, Ron and I went and caught up on some overdue shopping. I know, a few days before a holiday is never a good time to go shopping, but we were out of almost everything. It was now or never.

We started our adventure at Sam’s Club. Sam’s Club seems to have gotten some new shopping carts. These were the nice, large, plastic coated carts that were still big and wide but not so deep. In case no one has ever been to a Sam’s Club before, it’s a very large warehouse with a cement floor, and everything is displayed on simple steel shelving. Nothing fancy.

When we’re shopping in a store, I am usually the cart pusher. I am walking through the store and ZAP. My right palm suddenly felt like I was pushing a needle into my hand. What the heck? I looked down, expecting to see a spider or some other creature that I was going to have to scream for Ron to kill. I saw nothing. Just the plastic covered handle. It must have been my imagination.

Walking, walking, walking and ZAP. Again, someone is jabbing me with a needle! I have a vivid imagination but c’mon, I don’t usually get that excited about canned vegetables.

About the third time I couldn’t take it anymore. I no longer thought that this was my imagination, and I still don’t see a bug on the handle so what the heck is going on? I stopped the cart, showed Ron my hand (which looked as normal as it gets) and told him that something keeps biting me on the handle of the cart.

He looked closely at the offending handle and said that there was a little piece of the handle where the plastic has been scraped/worn away and bare metal was showing. I was just getting shocked from the metal on the handle.

Hello? Did I mention that I don’t know nothing about nothing? In my feeble mind though, I should NOT be getting shocked on a cement floor while just walking through the store holding on to a plastic coated shopping cart while wearing sneakers.

This should have been added to my book “That’s Just Wrong” because it’s just wrong!

2 comments:

Jim's Blog said...

Hmm, the cart must have had nylon wheels, and that is just like walking on a carpet in your socks and touching a door knob. Nylon built up a charge on the concrete floor, and you get zapped. How does that sound? hehehehe

Unknown said...

Phht! Ron tried to explain that to me as well, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it! Still doesn't make sense to me!!