Sunday, May 06, 2007

Still A Kid

The other day, Ron and I were sitting in the living room. Suddenly, siren after siren went flying by our house. Being my father's daughter, I had to run outside to look!

Fire truck, hook and ladder, EMT, police. They all went buzzing by our house. Ron and I stood in the yard for awhile, to see if they were stopping in sight anywhere. They ended up just passing through, so since there was no excitement to see, Ron and I decided to walk around the yard and check out the spring growth. As we're walking and talking, I heard one of those big diesel engines coming back.

I turn around, and just like a little kid, I starting pointing at the fire truck that was now returning to the firehouse down the street. I'm actually yelling to Ron, "look! look! The firetruck!" Ok, in hindsight, perhaps I am an idiot! But for some reason, it's exciting to watch the firetruck driving down my street when it's not an emergency.

There I was, standing like an idiot, pointing to the firetruck, probably doing a little happy dance. That did not go unnoticed by the staff in the firetruck. As they drove by the house, the guys waved at ME and even tooted the horn! Yeah, baby! Waved at ME!

So, thanks guys from Station 1. Thanks for the beep and wave while going by. You made my day while making me feel like a kid again.

No comments: