Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Sweet Sights of Spring

Ahh. It's finally spring. I truly believe that summer really is just around the corner.

Some nights after work, I like to take the long way home. Lots of farm land, lots of trees and no turnpike, very little traffic. Yes, it takes a little longer but it's much prettier and much more peaceful. Today was one of them days when I really needed a nice, peaceful ride home.

On my peaceful ride home, I happen to drive by our friendly neighborhood correctional facility.

Here's how I really know it's spring time.

The guys are out in the yard, some playing softball, some just sitting in the stands watching the game. The last group is always seen standing on the fringes of things, arms crossed across their chests, and the lot of them just staring through the concertina wire out at the road.

I like to beep and wave at the guys. Just like our neighborhood firemen, the convicts will always wave back too! It does wonders for my ego when even someone like me can make a bunch of guys wave at her.

Ahh, the sweet sights of spring. Convicts out in the yard.

No comments: