Friday, October 20, 2006

Left In My Hour Of Need

I realize I've been away from blogging for awhile, so I am trying to catch up!

Last Saturday, Ron and I spent the day playing with Susan and Georgia. We had a great time! We spent a part of the day at the Botanical Gardens. It was awesome!

They were having an herb fair at the Botanical Gardens that day, and Ron bought me some Marjoram. Don't ask. That may be another blog. We won absolutely nothing on the Chinese auction but I did buy a picture for the house. Hey, we've only been here three years next month and we finally bought a picture for the walls. Go us! The picture is now sitting on our dining room table as we can't decide on where to hang it, but at least we have one ready to go up. Life is good.

I do have to write about something serious that happened to us last Saturday. In my true hour of need, when strangers should come to your aid, I was left alone to fend for myself. I still can't believe it happened. What happened to compassion? To giving? To community? To saving my butt??

The four of us walked to the Hershey's Children's Garden, a part of the Botanical Gardens. Anyone with children should really check it out. The place was amazing and made me want to be a kid again. Very interactive and scaled to kids. A truly great place. Ron and I truly got into the spirit. We were reliving our childhoods. There were fountains aplenty as well as drinking fountains and even a pond. With all that water, all we could think of was to have a water fight! What else?

I admit, I got him with some water. Not a drenching, but I definitely drew first blood. He for some reason thought he should retaliate. As soon as I saw him go for a handful of water, I did what I had to do. I ran behind a couple that I never met before, figuring that they'd protect me in my hour of need. Do you want to know what they did? They looked at Ron, they looked at me, and realizing what was going to happen, they said "NO WAY" and moved quickly to their left. That left me in direct line of fire for Ron. Not good. Luckily I was wearing nothing that was dry clean only, so I was ok. A little damp, a little cold, but ok.

I can't believe those two strangers wouldn't protect me in my hour of need. What has this world come to?

No comments: