Saturday, October 21, 2006

I Love Country Life


I wrote recently about the long drive to my last audit site. Most of this drive happened over long country roads. It was not uncommon to be in the middle of cornfields or fields of alpacas or cows or shetland ponies. In the daylight, it was really a nice drive.

Yesterday was my last day at this site. We finished a little early and called it a day. On my drive home I came across a road side stand that you actually had to pull in someone's driveway to get to it. The signs said "Pumpkins - $2.00" or "Mums - $2.00". How can anyone resist a deal like this?

The Mums were absolutely gorgeous. The picture at the top is the bunch I bought yesterday. The best part about this country road side stand? No one was manning it. There was a box on a bale of hay that said "please place money in here". Can you believe it? So I grabbed $2.00 out of my wallet, put it in the box and put the Mums in my car. I love country life!

No comments: