Friday, October 06, 2006

Bomb Squad Knocking

I knew that Mike and Mary Jane were having company this weekend. Their gang from Meadville, Mike, Jenny, Evan and Grady, were coming for a visit.

That's why I was quite surprised when brother Mike called about 9:30 tonight and asked if we were dressed! He said it was an emergency, and their whole gang was on their way over. Hey, who was I to argue! Ron and I got dressed, turned the outside lights on and we were ready. Sure enough, the whole gang comes over!

I thought my neighbors were nuts. Mike wins on the crazy neighbor contest. You know how your Mom always said "it's all fun and games until someone pokes an eye out". Well, for Mike's neighbor, it was all fun and games until he almost blew his arm off. So much for playing with explosives!

The ambulance came to take him away and the bomb squad came to secure the neighborhood. Mike's was just one of the houses that was evacuated while the bomb squad secured the neighbor's garage. So where did they pack up and go to? Our house!

Now really, how cool is this? Poor Grady decided to sleep through the whole party, but the rest of us hooted and hollered and sang along with Evan playing the piano. Then he found the treadmill!

First, he has to make sure Papa is right behind him, just in case.



Then, Papa had the bright idea to teach Evan how to push the buttons!



Then, it's time for Evan and Papa to go for a long walk!



I'm telling you, when you're this cute, you can get away with anything!



So, sorry that you guys were evacuated by the bomb squad, but I'm glad you decided to come be safe with us! The police captain did call an hour or so later to give the all clear and my group was back on the road.

Now this may be my true calling . . . emergency shelter!

As a side note to Jenny - no, my tree is not up and decorated already. It's just not been taken down from last year! So no Christmas pickle prize yet! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, seems to me that I recall a time when a party was held at Mikes when we moved him and his family in to the address at Patio Dr. in Erie way back when. The people were dressed up to celebrate "There goes the neighborhood" party. Now that he has moved once again, I think his neighbors are try to upstage him, and actually blow up the neighborhood in their own version of "There Goes The neighborhood."

Anonymous said...

might have something to do with full moon the night before! you know, the "luna bomber!"
Mike