Monday, October 23, 2006

Idiot

I'm no spring chicken. I've been around for awhile. Most of my years, except for a few years of insanity that was spent in the south, I've lived in the northern climate. It's the end of October. Without looking, any northerner could probably tell you that the end of October will be chilly at best, cold at worst.

Do you think I should know that after all these years?

I got up this morning, and took a hot shower. After my shower, I was running around; downstairs making coffee and then putting a lunch together to take with me to work. I ran back upstairs, stuffed myself into pantyhose, slacks and a sweater. Yes, I am warm. Even a little sweaty.

I grabbed my laptop and headed out the door, down the driveway to the garage and off to work. No big deal. Part way to work, I hear the traffic report. It's snowing on the east side of town. (I am on the far west side.) There are numerous accidents on one freeway heading into downtown due to ice on the road. Hello? Cold in October? Who'd have thought. Where is my coat? On the hook in my hallway at home, where it belongs.

This afternoon, I watched the snow fall outside my office window, wondering just where the heck my brain was today. At least the weather-casters had good news for me for my way home. It did warm up to the low 40s today!

I am an idiot. Achoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, come on now, you were just looking for an excuse to use that tub of yours now weren't you? needing to warm up those old cold bones. LOL