Saturday, March 11, 2006

Somebody Save Me, Please

Do I have "heathen" written on my forehead?

The God-squad seems to be after me lately. Almost every weekend we have Jehovah's Witnesses knocking on our door. There is no way I can clean up my language enough to say what I feel about that. To make matters worse, when I answered the door last weekend in my heathen bathrobe, the witness at my door didn't even want to talk to ME! He insisted on talking to the man of the house. I kept asking him if I could help him, and he kept asking for the man of the house. I finally just shut the door and went back to my day.

If that's not bad enough, Friday, I went to lunch with someone from our office. Who'd have thought a fish sandwich at McDonald's could have been so stressful?

She and I were sitting there catching up when this lunatic walks up to the two of us and said "I'll bet you a million dollars that the two of you are not saved". He then went on to tell us how he wanted to witness for us so he can help us find heaven and stop being heathens. For once, I showed restraint, and let Karen do the talking. Being in sales, she was good at responding to him in a non threatening way that seemed to assuage him and send him on his way. grrr People like that give religion a bad name.

Hey! How can I collect my share of that million dollars?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must find a small space in your bag, and carry something small like the Playboy desk calendar, and when you are bothered, you just pull it out and demand equal time for your bible. I do it with my Hustler calendar, and they suddenly remember that they must go do something else.