Saturday, March 04, 2006

Duh!

I was trying to decide if this story rated a page in my "That's Just Wrong" book. Unfortunately, I may need to start a new book. "I'm just a dumbass". Another bestseller in the making!

Ron and I were spending the day together just bumming. We were going to Best Buy, Walmart, Sam's Club and Giant Eagle, with lunch thrown in there somewhere. Some things we needed, some we wanted and some we just wanted to price.

List? I don't need no stinkin' list! We are two relatively intelligent adults. We can remember what we need as long as we just head up and down the aisles during our shopping excursion. We talked all morning about our mental "list". We knew what we were doing . . . we were on a mission.

Off we went. We shopped, we looked, we bought. (A new four slice toaster is one of the things we bought by the way! Woo hoo! I have hit the big time now!) We came home, unloaded the car and put away the booty.

That's when it happened. A "crap" here. A "rats" there. Suddenly a "shoot" or something similar to it. Yes, we forgot to get half the things on our damn list! Now I finally took pen to paper and actually wrote down the stuff we originally went shopping for and forgot to get.

Now you know what we have planned for tomorrow. We need to go back out there and buy all the crap we went out to get today! A girl's gotta have her hairspray you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forgetfullness....having to make a shopping list....oh oh...sounds like someone has just become eligible for the "GETTING OLD CATEGORY"!! About time you joined us....let me be the first to say..."Welcome Aboard"!!