Monday, March 13, 2006

In All Its HD Goodness

My nephew, Mike, has written in his blog about the goodness of HD TV. While I am addicted to regular TV, I really didn't think that HD could really be that different to go on and on about it.

Mike....I was wrong!

Saturday, Ron and I stopped at Best Buy. We've been in the market for a new VCR since ours blew up. I know the technology is on the way out, but we have a lot of family videos still in this format and weren't ready to give up the option of watching them. But, we did make a decision that along with a VCR, we wanted one of the dual units that had the VCR and a recording DVD player. We have been pricing them for awhile.

The unit that Ron decided on, of course was out of stock. But for a discount, they offered us the display model. We were good with that. The bad thing is that they had to go searching for the "stuff" that went with it. While they searched, my poor back decided it had enough. I went in search of a place to sit.

What did I find? An extremely comfy couch right there in front of all of the plasma HD TVs. Ok, I know absolutely nothing about nothing and even I could tell that the one TV in front of me priced at almost $2,100 was worth every penny. Holy CRAP! I swear I could reach out and touch the wild life on TV; I could smell the aftershave on the actors.

I am now a believer. A plasma HD TV is absolutely the way to go. How many soda cans do I have to cash in to get me one of them? This is definitely gonna be added on to my Amazon wishlist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, another convert. I'm telling you - once you go HD, you won't want to watch regular channels.

We've been lucky enough to watch the NCAA tourney this week in HD and it's amazing.