Thursday, June 27, 2013

When Did THAT Happen?

I have a tiara that I keep at work.  When I'm having a particularly bad day, I wear my tiara at work and I call myself the "princess".  Ok, I'm not REALLY a princess, but at least when the guys see me in my tiara, they know I'm having a bad day and they normally back off.  Go me!

I have a vendor that is very similar to me in many ways.  We talk often due to business, but we always add some personal stuff in there, too.  She likes to take a lot of pictures and she also takes in stray and/or abandoned cats!  She's my kind of woman!

We were talking yesterday about bad days and I told her about my tiara and me being the princess.  She thought that was pretty funny!  You know my theory on things . . . it doesn't mean anything without pictures!  So, today I got Mike in a slow moment and I asked him to take a picture with me.  My vendor also thinks it's comical that I work for my brother!

Here is Mike and me in princess mode, tiara and all.


Mike wasn't sure if my vendor could really get a good look at my tiara, so he thought he'd take a close up of just the tiara for me.


Look at that picture!  WHERE IN THE HELL DID ALL THAT GRAY HAIR COME FROM????  I was kinda freaking out about that!  Mike tried to talk me down, telling me it's not gray hair, it's the glare from the flash!  Yeah, that's it!  He was going to take another picture without the flash to show me it's not as bad as it looks.


That did NOT help!

Holy crap, how did this happen?  I've never put hair dye in my hair.  I've never "colored" it as I always figured that gray WAS a color!  That was easy to say when you just had a few gray hairs.  My hair may not remain virginal for long after seeing this.

Holy crap, some how I got old when I wasn't looking.

I'm gonna need more than a tiara to fix this.  Dang, how did this happen?!

7 comments:

Ruth said...

Must have "rubbed off or bred" with Mike's beard.....don't get as close to something that is viral!!

Your hair is beautiful the way it is!! It looks just like mine!

Love you Kid....you are still younger than me and age is irrelevant to the color of your hair. My dad was got gray during WWII. I think Stress has a lot to do with it.....you need more time off to relax and not stress about work!!

Unknown said...

And this is why you have been my friend FOREVER!!! You're right . . . it must be all Mike's fault! AND, I need time off to un-stress myself! I do like how you think my friend!! I love you guys!!

Unknown said...

I love your hair. It is beautiful and it doesn't look old and grey, but sort of blonde. It is grey hair, yes, but bright and shiny. I hope you still don't think of dying it, because it is wonderful! Hugs! Beaurful picture!

Unknown said...

o dear: "beautiful"

Mark said...

Don't give in. Stay Grey! When I was in my 20's, one of the managers I worked with would dye his hair. You always knew when he'd done it because it looked PURPLE under the light. I knew the other employees were laughing at him, and I swore I'd never dye mine. Was asked recently how long I have until I retire, and also if my nephew was my grandson. Nice. But I'll deal with it because I still have a full head of hair.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Mark! I think I'm going to stay gray. Hey, I'm 50 years young and I EARNED every one of them!!

Anonymous said...

You ROCK the tiara! Love your posts!