Saturday, June 15, 2013

Is the Glass Half Empty or is the Glass Half Full?

I'm trying to put a positive spin on things.  The same situation can be looked at two different ways. either the glass is half empty or it's half full. 

I cleaned our bedroom today.  With my shoulder being what it is, I haven't cleaned much of anything in the last year.  Then, locking up two cats in this bedroom for almost a month, trust me, it needed a good scrubbing.

Half empty:  I have been scatterbrained today and very disorganized.
Half full:  Because of being scatterbrained and disorganized, I ended up walking up and down 31 flights of stairs in the course of cleaning one small bedroom!  Very good exercise.

Half full:  My bedroom is clean, clean, clean!
Half empty:  My shoulder is now killing me.

Half empty:  My shoulder is killing me.
Half full:  I own a heating pad and I love my heating pad.

Half full:  Did I mention that my bedroom is clean, clean, clean???
Half empty:  As clean as it can be.  With four cats in the house.  OMG I have four cats in the house.

Half full:  Today was the first day all four cats were let out into the house together for any length of time.  They were together about 11 hours and all went well.
Half empty:  I am a wreck.  I think I am more nervous and upset about the damn cats getting along than they are.

Half empty:  All four cats seem to go nuts every day between four and five in the morning.  The upstairs two will chase each other around, jumping on and off furniture, knocking over what gets in their way.  The downstairs cats do the same thing downstairs, chasing each other, jumping on and off furniture, knocking over what gets in their way.  Between four and five in the morning, it sounds like WWIII and WWIV around here.  I wasn't sure how leaving all four of them out together would go at crazy time with Benny and the kitten Maggie.
Half full:  About 9:00 tonight, Blondie and Maggie came upstairs on their own and went into the bedroom to pee (their litter box is in there) and relax.  I thought perfect!  I made sure they had fresh food and water in their bowls and I shut the door to lock them in for the night.  Easy peasy.

Half empty:  Right now it sounds like the bedroom door is ready to come off of the hinges!  I better go look to see what is happening!
Half full:  Nothing cuter than seeing one yellow paw and one gray paw reaching out under the door to shake the hell out of the door!

Half full:  OMG, I have four cats in this house.
Half empty:  OMG, I have FOUR cats in this house.

Half empty:  I think this will be the last night I can get away with locking the two cats up in the bedroom for the night.
Half full:  I think tonight is the last night I have to lock up two cats in the bedroom for the night.  At least until I find a new home for Maggie and Blondie.

Half full:  I am still looking for a new home for Blondie and Maggie.
Half empty:  I am still looking for a new home for Blondie and Maggie.




6 comments:

Cathie said...

I just LOVE the way your mind works!!! You can always make me smile!!!

Unknown said...

:) I love you my sister!

Unknown said...

I also love you, my dear friend. Hugs, lots of hugs! A mail will follow hopefully next weekend, where I can write wore. <3

Unknown said...

"more", sorry. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

And never forget ( totally full!!!!!!): you are on the right way with your decisions!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your support, my good friend! Still looking for a home for the cats . . . ugh. There will be a post soon on that.

Hugs and love out to you!!! :)