Friday, June 14, 2013

Who Has the Right of Way?

On Thursday, it definitely wasn't me.  I seem to have had a target on me all day.

Right after work I went to the post office in Elyria.  I always park towards the end by the railroad tracks to stay out of the way as much as possible.  People can be nuts in that parking lot.

I am starting my car to leave when the guy 3 spots or so to my right, towards the exit, is just getting IN his jeep.  I have backed out of my spot and already put the car into drive when this idiot looks me square in the eye and backs out quickly forcing me to jam on my brakes.  Seriously, dude.  Was that necessary?  There is only one reason I can think of that made his mind think he had the right to do that.  I am sorry for your small penis.

Then I go to the bank.  As I am pulling into the lot to go park my car (I still can't do drive up banking with my shoulders), a woman is coming from the ATM lane on my left, just pulls out of the lane, directly in front of me to go to park to go INTO the bank.  That lady almost had me drive right into her back seat for crying out loud!  She was just an idiot and to make matters worse, she was an idiot with a child in the car.  This is a free country.  If you want to be an idiot, BE an idiot.  But if you have children in the car, it's MY opinion that you LOSE that right.  Someone has to be in charge and be responsible and that job does not belong to the beautiful two year old in your car.  Shame on you and lucky for you I recently got new brakes and was able to avoid THAT collision too.

Now I think I am a safe driver.  I am not a speeder, I am overly cautious in a parking lot (thank goodness here!) I keep my phone in the back seat so there is no distraction, and I always drive with my lights on to make sure people see me.  I can't do any more than I am doing to be safe.

The last one was still on Thursday on as I just finished my shopping at Sam's Club.  (As a side note, the BEST part of shopping at Sam's Club is getting a huge hug from Margaret at the front door!  Eighty years young and she doesn't want to be bored at home so she goes to work as a greeter at Sam's Club and hands out hugs to anyone that wants one!  I love her!!)  I was walking out of Sam's Club pushing my cart to my car when suddenly, the van I am about to walk behind starts backing up.  HEY!  I shouted.  She couldn't be bothered to put her phone down long enough to acknowledge that she almost flattened me!  Seriously, there ought to be a law.  I jumped, pulled my cart back and jolted my shoulder.  I stood there saying a few other things to her under my breath as the pain caused tears in my eyes, but she was too busy to notice.  Once I got my heart under control again, I proceeded to my car.

Seriously, people, what is WRONG with you?  Small penis, small mind, small ethics, small morals, what is the excuse?  When did we quit caring about other people to the point of being complacent about hitting someone with a 2,000 pound WEAPON?  The right of way - it's not rocket science.  What has happened to treat others as you wish to be treated or at the very least, the rules our Moms taught us when we were young:  PLAY NICE.

What saved my day was the bumper sticker I saw on a car in front of me on the way home.  It said "I'm only speeding because I really have to poop!"  Lady, you win!!!  In that case you definitely deserve the right of way!  I hope she realized why I was laughing my butt off behind her at that light.  She made my day.

So, I take back the small penis comment, the no brains or morals comment, and I'll just go with the bumper sticker.  The three of you yesterday that tried to do me harm with your vehicles . . . you're all just full of shit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This could be written by me, Ree! We must be twin sisters.... separated at birth or so....

Hugs!

Unknown said...

It has become a rude world, everywhere. People hate each other, don't take care of otheres. Sometimes I think I am born in the wrong time and sometimes I feel like a fossil of ancient and much better times, when people were friendly and caring. The world as it is now is not the world I want to live in. And the rude behavior at the working place makes is hell. I long for the day I am free, so I can just give a shit on such morons and rude people.