Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Stray Cat B&B

My family humors me in my obsessions.  That is a given.

For my birthday, my brother Mike and two of his grandsons built me what I like to call the Stray Cat Bed & Breakfast, or Hemingway's Home.  Either way, what a great birthday present!

I wanted another shelter on my porch for my stray cats.  Mike was too happy to help a sister out!  This was totally his idea, his design, my dream!

This is the Stray Cat B&B:


To make this box even more comfy is it's interior design.  As you can see, the entrance to the B&B is there on the left.  When the stray cat walks in to the B&B, he or she would be in the sitting room.  To the right of the sitting room is the sleeping chamber!  Complete with a bed of straw!  Here is the view when you lift the top and look into the Bed & Breakfast!


See?  Sitting room on the left, sleeping chamber on the right.  Pass the word, reservations are now being accepted!


4 comments:

Jim's Blog said...

So, how many boarders have come to set up home on the porch?

Ruth said...

I actually wouldn't call the cats you have on your front porch "boarders"! I think they should be called "Squatters!" Glad you have your "CAT HOUSE" on your front porch for your 4 legged friends.....just hope they are all cats!!!

Unknown said...

I have seen my Hemingway in the B&B a few times but it's normally inhabited by Rocky and his so far unnamed partner in crime! Whenever I go to the porch, those are the two that are coming out of the B&B. Hemingway if not in there can be found in one of the other two shelters on my porch.

I know, Ruth, I worry about WHAT is living up there too! Darn animals can't read the signs I have posted that they are for CATS only! I do take in the food at night so that isn't an attraction to the skunks, raccoons and other creatures of the night. So far other than the slugs in the summertime, and an occasional bird that steals the cat food, I have only seen cats on my porch.

Anonymous said...

hat a lovely birthday present! I think your cats are as happy as you are! You cracked me upt with this door mat: Wipe your paws! LOL