Wednesday, February 06, 2013

50 / 1,000 / 100,000

What could the numbers 50 / 1,000 / 100,000 all have in common?  In common enough to rate a blog post?  These are all milestones I have reached recently!

I was trying to coordinate so that all three milestones happened on the same day but I missed it by a bit.  Oh well!  You know what they say about trying to plan things in your life!  Nothing ever goes according to plan!

Let's get back to those numbers:

50:  The age I turned on January 16th.  Hey, why hide it?  I have always been up front about loving my birthday and part of loving your birthday is accepting how many candles are on your cake.  I've been jiggy with it.  Next year may be another story, but for now, I'm jiggy.

1,000:  This is my 1,000th BLOG POST!!!!!!!!!!  I can't believe when I started this blog on August 18, 2005 that here on February 6, 2013 I'd still be at it.  7-1/2 years later I'm still writing about nothing and everything.  Well, most everything.  Believe it or not, I do edit myself and not write about EVERYthing that is on my mind!  Lucky you!!  Let's just see where the next 1,000 blog posts take us to.  After all, with all the notices I am receiving from AARP, Alzheimer's can't be all that far off.  That could only be good for my ramblings on this blog.  

100,000:  This is the mileage on my CAR right now!!!!!!!  Friday night, I thought I was going to roll it over.  After work, I picked Ron up and I drove to dinner.  I thought for sure that would have been enough.  Nuhuh.  On to Plan B.  We needed to go shopping after dinner!  I know I need SOMEthing from Home Depot!  So, on our way, I had to pull over into the Lorain Police Auxiliary parking lot to get this picture!  Soooo close!

   
I left the police parking lot, headed down Leavitt to our destination of Home Depot and right as I pulled into the parking lot of Home Depot, it happened!!  I pulled right over and snapped the pictures!


100,000 miles on my 2004 Honda Accord.  I just sunk $1500 into it for the 100,000 mile check up.  That better last me because I can't afford to replace this car.  To quote my Dad, "I'm going to drive it until the wheels fall off!"  And he did.  I hope to be as lucky.

2013.  A year of milestones and it's early in the year.  I can't wait to see what's next!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

debylh 10631Congratulations on all your milestones. I have been following you from almost the beginning of your posts. You managed to tell some extremely funny and real stories along the way. When I was working and on travel so much of the time, all I had to do was check your blog to see what is happening in our family. Thank you very much for keeping this up.
Big Bro Phil

Anonymous said...

This is why I love you, Ree. Telling us stories, that are real and also funny. You have got a big talent in telling these little daily incidents. - I am with you according to cars, I also drive my cars until the wheels fall off. LOL My car just has 75 000 kilometers in only three years. It's two times around the equator. Hugs!