Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Old Habits Die Hard, New Habits Hurt Like Heck

One of the things that we talk about a lot at our weekly Weight Watchers meetings is habits.  You need to replace bad habits with good habits.  Hopefully little small changes will add up and help me to a healthier lifestyle.

Yeah, that's the official version.  As we all know, change is hard.  I hate change.  I don't even always like changing my underwear for crying out loud.  I don't do change.  But change is what I need to do.

Through this last year with my journey, I have made some positive changes.  No where near enough, but I am still trying.  I know I make better choices in my life when it comes to the food I eat.  Not EVERY choice is the better choice but I make more good than bad choices.  I can't ask for more than that.

My next step to a healthier me is my addiction to Diet Pepsi!  For real people, here is some insider trader information.  If you own stock in Diet Pepsi, you might want to think about selling quickly.  Today is day 4 and NO DIET PEPSI.   Diet Pepsi has to be feeling the ripple already I'm sure.

An addiction is an addiction is an addiction.  I quit smoking on January 31, 1995.  I went from three packs a day to nothing.  Cold turkey.  I haven't picked up a cigarette since that day 18 years ago.  That was truly one of the hardest things I ever did.  Is stopping Diet Pepsi as hard as quitting smoking?  Not AS hard but I'm telling you, there is definitely pain involved.  Ugh.  Good health.  I'm hoping this is going to be worth it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

O dear, I'm feeling a bit guilty. I never ever want my dear friend having a hard time. But I think you did the right thing, Ree. These chemical substances can't be good. Diet sodas are made of no natural substances, they are completely from a chemical laboratory. So I keep my fingers crossed that you reach your goal. Wait a bit and you will see: after getting used to water and other natural beverages you can go back to diet sodas, but you don't need them any more if you don't start drinking them again on a regular base. What most people don't know: they make us all addicted. I keep my fingers crossed and I am thinking of you, Ree. Hugs!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oops! I deleted the first version of my comment because of a typo I didn't see until it posted! CDO you know. Here's hoping this version is better!

NO guilt for you, my friend!!

This is something I have been trying to do for the past year. While Diet Pepsi has no points so it's free to drink in WW, it's not healthy like you said because of all of the chemicals. I have been trying to give it up for the last YEAR! I think your last post was just the push I needed to actually DO it.

Day 5 is here. I will do this and any day now it will be easier!! :)

Thanks for the push!! I needed it.

Anonymous said...

Hugs! I'm thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

I am on that "Down with Diet Pepsi" road too but have not done it cold turkey. All water; nothing but water...boring! So I started making iced tea from a Lipton product. I really love it and am hoping it is good for the health. It's a green tea with purlple acai and blueberries. I just switch up between water and the tea all day. Whatever you do, continue luck and good health! Susan

Unknown said...

Hi, Susan! I still have my cup of coffee in the morning but that's a good idea. I do need a back up plan besides just water to keep my tastebuds happy. Thanks for the idea!! Go us!! :)