Sunday, September 30, 2012

Hidden in my Camera!

Ron bought me my camera a few years ago for Christmas.  It is a refurbished Nikon Coolpix.  For what I do, it's an AWESOME camera!  It has so many bells and whistles that I still haven't learned them all or played with them all yet.  I love my camera!

To get the pictures from the camera to the computer (so I could then upload them to the blog of course!) I can do it two ways.  I can take the cord, plug one end into the computer and the other end into the camera, or I could take out the memory card and plug that directly into my computer.  Either way, the pictures go from the camera to the computer and then I can delete them from the camera and start all over again.

Probably a year ago, I dropped my camera.   I know I had a couple of pictures on the memory card that I hadn't downloaded yet.  I was so scared that I dropped the camera and broke it that I immediately turned it on to make sure I could see the pictures   Oh buddy, I could see the pictures!  But they were not MY pictures!

The few pictures I saw looked like a birthday party and it looked like an Oriental family.  Um, I have no Oriental blood in my family line, so I kinda figured this wasn't MY family on the camera!  Holy crap, how does this happen and who are they???

I freaked out.  I went right to Ron to show him the pictures and suddenly, they were gone and my pictures were back.  Honestly, I think Ron was thinking I was a bit nuts.  Ok, we all know I AM a bit nuts, but this was a little more than usual.  I swear there were some other family's pictures on my camera!  Whatever, they were lost again. I started to doubt myself.

Then taa daa!  I dropped my camera again!  My first thought was to make sure it survived another fall.  I turned the camera on and it started right up.  That's a good sign.  When I went to check on the pictures I had in there, again, NOT MY FAMILY!  Holy crap, it happened again!  This time, I grabbed my camera and ran right upstairs to show Ron.  I did not shut off my camera and the pictures stayed on the screen until I got to Ron.  

Ron finally figured out what happened.  You put a memory card into the camera but the camera itself has a very small amount of its own memory.  The pictures were actually ON the camera, and not on my memory card.  When I download the pictures, I am always downloading from the memory card.  Thank you to Lisa who helped me figure out how to get the pictures out of the camera!  And, here is my other "family"!  Please let me know if you recognize anyone!  ;-)

 










I love this one, looking under the table here!



Oops!  Ok, that last one IS my picture!  Somehow, this picture of Ron and Benny ended up on the camera itself as well.

Such a surprise!  Honestly, I never took these pictures, other than the last one.  

This might not be my real family, but if they are looking for new members, I am adoptable!  And I do windows!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you got some pics of the people who owned the camera before you. Nice surprise! Some people forget to delete their personal files when they sell their things.