Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Out With the Old . . . In With the New!

I get inspired all of the time.  By people, places, things I see, things I read, things I dream about.  I say get inspired, some people say copy.  Whatever.  Potato, Potahto.

Georgia inspires me.  I don't have her talent, her eye or her drive, but I wanted to copy her anyway.  I needed a change in my house.  I can't afford to do anything big that is on my list so I had to scale it down.  I figured I've had the same shower curtain in the bathroom for nine years now.  I was DUE for a change!

Here is the old look.


Don't pay attention to the messy shelves on the left.   That's a project for another day.  But the shower curtain and the rugs.  Been there, done that, tired of looking at it.

I went to one of my favorite places, Bed, Bath & Beyond.  Ron doesn't get why I salivate in there so much but whatever!  I needed him on this shopping trip.  I was there to pick out a new shower curtain.  His job was to figure out what rugs matched.  Remember, I'm the color blind one.   Just remember to blame Ron if I don't match!

Here is the new shower curtain, up close so you can see the pattern.  I love it, even though it is still wrinkled i the picture.  The curtain and the new hooks I got to go with it.



 You know Benny is the inquisitive one.  The minute this curtain went up, Benny had to check it out from behind, in front, underneath, all around.  Benny bomb!


He wasn't so crazy about the rugs and right now he's still jumping over them instead of walking on them, but he'll get there.  He doesn't like change.

But I do!   We went out with the old . . . and now we are in with the new.  My new bathroom fluff!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Ree, that looks so cozy and inviting! I love the blue color and I love the leaf-pattern on the shower curtain. It looks great. And I'm very proud that you got some inspiration from my projects. Big Hugs!
By the way, your bathroom is very nice with the white tiles and the sinks. I can't see them in their full beauty, but they are very similar to our sinks in the upper story. And the shelf - It is a nice idea having a shelf in the bathroom, for all the stuff. I also love the picture on the wall.
Oh, and Benny, who is photobombing, seems to purr: "Love the new look."

Unknown said...

Thanks, Georgia! I will try to get pictures of the rest of the bathroom for you. As I am standing there, on the immediate right is a pedestal sink and to the right of that is a toilet. You see the shelves a little to the left (I want doors or a curtain or something over them so you don't see all of that stuff I'm storing there!) and to the left of the shelves against that left wall is a vanity sink. It's a pretty good sized bathroom.

What I REALLY want to do, is to take the vanity sink OUT and replace it with my washer and dryer. I hate carrying all of the laundry up and down two flights of stairs. If my washer and dryer were right on the second floor where all of the dirty clothes, sheets and towels are, my life would be MUCH easier.

But alas, I have to be happy with a new shower curtain!

Also, Benny still hates the rugs! He will walk around them or jump over them to avoid walking ON them! Penelope on the other hand, loves the new rugs! She is happy to lay on that little rug on the step ANY time! Funny kitties.

Lisa said...

No pillow? :-D

I think you need this shower curtain:
http://nerdapproved.com/household/mad-mother-psycho-shower-curtain/



Unknown said...

Look, sometimes I can't get the guys out of the bathroom NOW! If I put a pillow in there, I'll NEVER get in!!

And, from now on I'm leaving Ron at home and taking YOU shopping with me! I love that curtain!!!

:)

Unknown said...

LOL, great idea with that mad mother curtain! Could be a warning for all who don't leave the bathroom in a cleaned and tidied up state. Or for my daughter who usually still does not leave the bathroom although she is already two hours in. ;o)
I'm very curious about the pics of the bathroom, Ree. What I can see does look really pretty. For the shelf:Doors might be a good solution and you can get everything for this project at the next DIY superstore. Or use little cute boxes to store all the stuff. Blue boxes would fit the new carpets. Oh, Ree, this with the washer and dryer sounds like me a few months ago. My Life is A LOT easier since I have all in one room: washer, dryer and ironing machine. Put this on your priority list and you will see how much less work it is doing the laundry.
Nice story with Benny. Our dog Ulme (I miss her so badly) always was afraid of a marble floor in my other house, which was very dark (black-green). She never ever was able to walk across ist, but waited until someone came and carried her to the next "shore". I think she though it was something like a deep ocean.
Pillow... giggle