Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Moron Alert, Ohio Plate # FBX 9545


 It was an eventful drive to work this morning.

While driving south on Elyria Avenue, a white car is ahead of me.  I am the last in line of a bunch of cars.  Keep in mind, where we were, Elyria Avenue is 35 mph and a double yellow no passing line all the way.  This white car in front of me suddenly zooms into the oncoming traffic lane,  This moron took being a moron to new levels.  She wasn't passing one car, she was passing FOUR cars.  Really? 

Being a moron is one thing but putting unsuspecting strangers in danger is another thing.  A mini van was coming out of a side street and turning left (to go north).  I'm sure she saw our line of cars traveling south but she never saw this moron in the passing lane trying to zoom around FOUR cars.  The mini van made her turn safely but was blindsided by the car coming straight at her in the wrong lane.  It was some quick thinking on the mini van's part to swerve into someone's front yard/driveway.  That was the closest almost head on collision I ever had to see.  All because of this moron.

This wasn't her only act of being a moron.  That was the first one, the second one was just before the curve where you come to the stop sign before Elyria Avenue turns into Lake Avenue.  I think that was only a one car pass.  Then, one more time, passing THREE cars between Griswold and Route 113 causing almost another head on collision because this moron is the QUEEN of morons.

That's when I couldn't take it any longer.  We are stopped at the light at Route 113 when I finally called 911.  I thought I was being a responsible citizen.  Unfortunately, today was moron day all around.

When I called 911, the phone rang twice then I got a sound that reminded me of when we had dial up internet.  For real?  What the hell.  So I hung up.  At least a minute later, 911 called ME back.  So, I started to tell my story of this moron driver who was southbound on Elyria and Lake Avenue but just turned west on Route 113.  The dispatcher asked me to hold while he transferred me to the police.

The Elyria police got on the line and I started my story again.  Before I could get anything out past we were southbound on Elyria Avenue, Elyria police asked me WHY I was calling them!  This wasn't in Elyria so why was I calling THEM.  Well, as I told her, I had called 911 and ASSUMED they'd know what they were doing.  Suddenly, she was singing a different tune.  Oh, you called 911!  Well, let's start again.

You know what?  Forget it.  By the time 911 called me back and I had to go through the story again, I'm sure she was gone.  I told the Elyria police I'm sorry I called and hung up.  Another moron.

So it was a bad driving to work day.  As a public service announcement though, if anyone knows this girl driving this car, take her keys.  She has NO business being on the road. 

Moron.

2 comments:

Georgia said...

Really, moron day. Big hugs, my dear friend. But you can't do anything against morons. I could tell stories you wouldn't believe, people using their car as a weapon. More and more common is passing you and then immideately make an emergency stop in front of you without any reason. Just to punish you for driving as instructed or too slow in the moron's eyes. Or just to show you that they have the better car or shwoing you that you are only shit in their opinion, or... They are ill minded. I decided to make sure that I have the biggest distance to them as possible. So don't let them annoy you.
Big, big hugs!!!!

Mark said...

Don't lots of other people suck? Betcha she was on the phone, too. At least you tried to prevent something else from happening.