Saturday, May 19, 2012

It Was a Party!

Last night, we went to celebrate with our friends, Nick and Sally.  Nick and Sally are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this weekend!  That is truly a milestone, and I was honored to be celebrating with them last night.

Nick, Sally, their daughter Edna in from San Diego, Ron and I went to dinner last night to Steak on a Stone.  I've blogged about this place before and it is always a great time to go there and the great food is worth the drive over to North Olmsted.

First, the happy couple.


The rest of the party last night included Edna and me,


 of course, Ron and me (hey, my camera, I get to be in more pictures!)


And the whole crazy lot of us.  Our server was nice enough to take a group shot of us and my favorite part is another server photobombing us in the back ground!  SCORE!  I never saw it until I got home and downloaded the pictures from my camera!


But, back to Nick and Sally.  Theirs is a love story like the ones you hear in fairy tales.  They "courted" for five years via letters as they were in two different countries at the time.  Not two cities, two counties or even two states.  Two different COUNTRIES.  And yet, they wrote, they fell in love and they waited for the day when they could be together.  It is truly a heart warming story.

After dinner, we went back to Nick and Sally's and they brought out their wedding album for us all to look through.  What a treat!  Of course, Sally was a gorgeous bride and Nick was a handsome, beaming groom.  They still have the same twinkle in their eyes when they look at each other.   

So, to Nick and Sally, congratulations on the first 50 years of marriage.  May the next 50 be filled with health and happiness!  You are an inspiration to us all!




1 comment:

Georgia said...

What a heart warming story!
Glad to hear that you had such a wonderful evening, Ree!