Thursday, May 10, 2012

Bird's Eye View

On Tuesdays, our uniform guy comes in with the clean uniforms for our guys along with clean shop rags.  We get the same delivery driver every week, so he's almost part of the family by now.

He brings in the clean rags and I take them out to the shop.  Then, I take the bag of dirty rags and I usually throw them in his truck for him as he is counting up the dirty uniforms.  This week, I was walking out to his truck and I hear geese honking.  That's not too unusual as we are out in the country and there is a large pond behind us. 

I look up to the sky, looking for the familiar V shape flying pattern for the geese.  I didn't see a flock flying but here is what I did see!


I don't know if he was watching out over these two or if he was trying to muscle into their turf by playing king of the hill.


Large and in charge.  That would be the goose, not me.  I dropped the bag of rags in the parking lot and high tailed it back into the building!  I'm not an idiot, you know.  I know these things will attack and I wasn't in the mood to get bit!

When our uniform guy was done and ready to head back to his truck, I told him I'd have his back.  From inside of the building, but I'd scream REALLY loudly if the goose started to attack him!  See?  Just like family.  I told you!

Goose on a truck.  If you see him driving through town, honk!


1 comment:

Georgia said...

This is a funny story and you made great pics! Ouch, once when I was a kid a goose ran behind me and tried to bite me. O dear, I'm really afraid of them.