Sunday, September 18, 2011

Who Can I Thank For This?

I always like to acknowledge people for the jobs they do.  I'm not sure who should get the credit for this piece of crap though.

This shout out either goes to my buddies at Smith Paving of Norwalk Ohio or to the great city of Lorain Ohio themselves.  I use sarcasm when talking about Smith Paving of Norwalk Ohio because of how I felt they started this job.  You can read all about my butt crack guy starting work at 6:30 in the freakin' morning right here.  For the record, I did call Nancy Greer, Clerk of Council, about the noise at that time of the day.  I know you're gonna be surprised at this, but here is another city official that wouldn't return a phone call.  Go figure.

But, I digress.

After the construction, either Smith Paving or the City of Lorain have to put your property back in the state it used to be in.  I guess close enough works though.  The grass was replanted, or rather weeds were replanted.  I just took pictures at my house, but drive up and down Oakdale and look at where the new curbs are.  Right next to the brand new curbs are weed infested patches of dirt.  You think I'm lying, here are some examples.

 











Aren't you jealous?  Don't you just want your property to look like this?  I'm tellin' ya.

Now, this one I can blame directly on Smith Paving of Norwalk Ohio.  They left a pile of molten crap right on the tree line.  This isn't the only pile that was left, this is just the one in front of my house.

This is what it looks like after Ron put some work into it.  This pile of crap was raised up quite a bit but Ron scraped and scraped and he was able to haul away enough of it so that we can get the lawn mower to go over it.  Yeah, it was so high, I would have had to hand mow around it.  Thanks, Smith Paving!  Quality work over here.



As long as I'm complaining about the grass, I have one more to add to the list.

Last fall, someone came and dug up two places on the tree lawn.  It was just before winter and it happened while I was at work, so I have no idea which agency was responsible for the dig.  In the spring, again, I came home from work one day and it looked like grass was planted because these two spots were now covered with straw.

I was happy that someone came back and planted grass!  That is until the grass came in.  I don't know much about different kinds of grass, but this is SO different from what's already in the yard, it sticks out like a sore thumb.  The rest of the grass in this entire neighborhood is a medium colored green.  Now I have two light green patches in the tree lawn!  Well, one light green patch and one light green and weed patch.




Does this look like the City of Lorain cares about the homeowners of this town?  Or it is just this neighborhood that they don't care about?  Who do I thank for this?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Nancy Greer is Clerk of Council, not Courts.
Could your other digs have been gas or water related? The gas co. subcontractor planted the lime green grass in my yard this summer.

Unknown said...

Thanks Lisa! I fixed Ms. Greer's title.

And, I have no idea who dug in the fall. I just live here - no one thought I needed to be informed of any digging.