Thursday, June 23, 2011

Smith Paving - That's Just Wrong, Page 24

Also known as: thank you for waking me up! I have enough trouble sleeping and for once, I was actually sleeping soundly this morning. Granted, it was just before my alarm was due to go off, but still.

Ridiculous.

I woke up this morning to the sounds of big diesel engines idling outside. My first thought is always a fire truck when I hear that. So, I looked outside to make sure all was well in our world and I see the trucks from the paving company.

Ok, showing up to work early, I can almost be jiggy with that. But then . . . the saw starts! Before 6:45 AM!!! For real? Is there no noise ordinance in Lorain? Or is it just that this is a poor section of Lorain so who gives a crap. Well I give a crap.

Since I was still in my jammies, I tried to get this video from inside of my house. Unfortunately, I was standing next to the fish tank and the sound of the gurgling fish tank is mostly what the microphone picked up. But, you get the idea.




So to make sure I gave proper credit to this company, I ran upstairs to get dressed, grabbed my camera and went outside.






There ya go. A crew of guys that either didn't give a crap or were just following orders from other people that don't give a crap. 6:45 this morning was a good time in your book to start making all that noise? And hey! PICK UP YOUR PANTS!

So, thank you, Smith Paving of Norwalk OH for waking me and the rest of the neighborhood up at 6:30 this morning. And, the pants thing too. That's just wrong.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Ree, I think there is some type of noise ordinance on the books, but I can't get to the codified ordinances page on the new city website. I seem to remember something about no noise -even lawn mowing- before 8a.

In light of this and BUTT CRACK! (lol), I gotta give the gas line/meter guys credit for keeping the noise down & their pants up this morning. I'll even forgive the unnecessary & obnoxious "OMG FIRE!"-type front door pounding they delivered ;-)

Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

^oops that was me...

Nancy Greer, Clerk of Council, can answer your question about the noise ordinance.

[Thanks, Loraine.]

Anonymous said...

How about you just wake up and do something with your life these guys look like they are working hard for their money while a large number of people in lorain just lives off their taxes

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment, "Anonymous"! But for your information, I OWN my home and I DO work. It's MY taxes that paid for that job and no one deserves to have to look at that guy's ass or hear that noise that early in the morning.